Do you feel overwhelmed or overtaken by the things that you surround yourself? Having too many things can weigh you down and hold you back. Many of the things we own are not that important. Still, decluttering or getting rid of things can be a daunting task. We do not want to let go and many times be afraid of change. Well, i am here to tell you that this could be a very liberating journey to take. I started my journey about six months ago, and it has helped me clear my headspace. It has helped me make deliberate decisions and allow me to focus on the things that I want to pursue in life.
Where do I start you ask? I say baby steps. Never try to dump all your crap at once. That can make you shut down immediately. Try with getting rid of the 21 things mentioned in the list below.
- Receipts you don’t need
- Expired cooking sauces or out of date food lying in your pantry
- Old underwear or swimwear
- Pens that don’t work
- Old files
- Delete email subscriptions from websites you don’t need
- Delete emails you don’t need
- Mismatched socks
- Electronics that you no longer use
- Expired medicine
- Old shoes
- Clothing you have never worn
- Expired Makeup (Ditch them ladies, they don’t do your skin any good.)
- Toothbrushes (No one needs more than one functional toothbrush)
- Broken umbrellas (I just threw away four.)
- Old chargers and cables
- Used candles
- Dead plants or flowers
- People in your life that make you unhappy (This one is difficult but you can start considering.)
- Accessories that you don’t wear
I hope you enjoy the list! Also, let me know if you have any to add on to the list. Thanks in advance!